Saturday, October 1, 2011

Run for Shelter 5k

Another race in the books!

SPC office products sponsored Kara, Becca, Brandy, & I for this race! (thanks Cory).



I think this was my 12th race yet I still get terrible pre-race jitters. I decided to warm up for this race and jogged the mile from my house to the start. When I was almost there I got this text from my dad...(the Oct 1 text).



He's always pushing me, but that's what works, I was 25 seconds shy of his prediction.

Although my legs felt heavy the whole race I finished with a personal best of 27:05 and placed 2nd in my age group!

Approaching the finish!



This is the first race my husband has gotten to attend. Was fun to have him, my boys, my aunt and cousin cheering for me! And he snapped a pic with his phone for me.

My bling!



My favorite race shirt so far!



And a post race pic with Brandy who also got a personal best today!




And for fun...my face this year and last year same race! I look so much happier and healthier a year later! So thankful for the day my mom pushed me to start walking that has lead me to where I am now!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: