Saturday, October 9, 2010

On the road to a new me!

Today was my 2nd 5k. I don't like to count the first (because I was sick and walked most of it), but I did finish it.

I ran Friday morning because I hadn't got to run all week due to an infection on my face. I ran it in 35.15 that day.

My goal was under 35 minutes for my race today. I finished in 33.35!! I pulled ahead of my friend Michelle at about .5 from the finish she caught me pretty close to the finish line, but I had enough kick left to not let her beat me. They gave us the same finish time, but I crossed first, LOL!!! I'm a just a bit competitive!!!!

Norm, Michelle, & I after the race.



My dad and I with our 2nd place medals from our age categories!


I had so much fun. Looking forward to all the races I have lined up the rest of 2010!

October 24 - Muddy Buddy Dallas
November 13 - 5k in Prague, OK (goal 31:30)
November 21 - Relay Marathon Tulsa (I either run the 7.6 or 5.9 mile leg)
December 21 - 10k (maybe) OKC

No comments: