Monday, November 22, 2010

26.2, 13.1, and a Relay

Participating in the Route 66 marathon event was probably one of the funnest things I've ever been a part of. The atmosphere was electric. I got to run on the course with runners of all abilities. I am new to the running world, I am shocked at how humble, kind, and supportive runners are! From the those who've just started to those who have been running forever. They are all supportive, genuinely proud of each and every runner out there. I'm sure time matters to most runners on the course but they are just as excited for the first finisher as they are for the last! I think running may be the only sport where just FINISHING is appreciated! It was a day full of emotions, goals being reached, and new goals being set.

My dad ran his first Marathon!



I was crazy excited proud of him and thrilled I got to see him start and finish! I get teary eyed thinking about it. I know that sounds crazy, but he set out to run 26.2 miles, a marathon, trained hard for 16 weeks, and he finished, I think that is amazing!

My mom ran her first 1/2 Marathon 13.1 miles. I didn't get to see her finish, I was busy shuttling after my run. I do know she has had some foot and leg issues and she battled through and finished her race! She's one of the toughest women I know!

I ran in my first marathon relay at the route 66. My leg was 5.2 miles of hills:). I conquered it in around 64 minutes my best time and only 4th time to run 5 miles! Sole Sistas finished 22 out of 200 teams!!! So happy I got to share this with each of you! Bring on OKC and hopefully several more races together!



I thought my mom and dad were nutso when they started running a couple years ago! I told them that several times. The phrase "I'll never run" left my lips more than once! Now I'm thankful they started and continue to run. I'm thankful they set goals and finish them. That they encourage me and believe I can accomplish all the crazy goals I set. That my mom has told me several times "your just like your DAD!" when i talk about running, hey he rocked a marathon that's a huge compliment!

One more thing and I'll quit rambling. Thanks Michelle for keeping me grounded, telling me "let's just finish" or "we finished" when I get caught up in the amount of time it took me/us. For going along with all my crazy ideas! You've survived muddy buddy and the relay. You'll conquer the 1/2, full, and the Ragnar with me too :) Let's keep doing what we do and having fun!!!!




1 comment:

Kara said...

I think you are AMAZING!!! So proud to call you a friend!