Saturday, June 26, 2010

Jarrett is 2 years old!!

I can't believe that my Jarebear is 2 today. He is such a sweet, ornery, cuddly, loving boy. Life without him would be pretty boring. He is a little dare devil. The only thing I have discovered he is afraid of are loud trucks and tractors. Only real tractors, he will not ride with his Poppy. He loves toy tractors.


It seems like he has grown up so much just in the past month. I love this picture of him!
What are somethings Jarrett has accomplished in his 2 years of life??
  • He has really started talking and communicating just in the past month. My favorite words he says: montee (monkey), Chotat Mik (Chocolate Milk), Mommy Doot (Mommy Do it), Eh do (Here you go) he has many, many more words, but these always make me smile when he says them.
  • Can name and point to all his body parts.
  • Can identify and knows the sounds of the following animals: dog, cat, frog, horse, chicken, cow, duck, bee, snake, alligator, elephant (no sound), giraffe (no sound), monkey, lion, tiger, bear.
  • Count to 3
  • Tells me when he needs his diaper changed. This is a recent thing, we will start the potty training process hard core soon!
  • Can build a tall tower out of blocks.
  • Can work simple puzzles.
  • Knows the color Blue
  • Tells me he drew an airplane, tractor, or apple (it's just scribbles, but he thinks he is big stuff).
  • Sings parts of Jesus Loves Me, B-I-B-L-E, and Big Green Tractor. I love is when he says "Seen Mommy" (sing mommy)






Jarrett's Favorite Things:
  • Blocks
  • Tools
  • Tractors
  • Airplanes
  • Mickey, Movers, and recently CARS (an obsession passed down from his sister)
  • Green Beans
  • Apples
  • Goldfish
  • Juice
  • BOOKS!!!
  • Butter (I know GROSS)
  • Boots
  • Hats











Jarrett's my little monkey. He loves to climb and will attempt to flip off of any piece of furniture we have. He is however smart enough to put a pile of blankets or pillows where he intends to land. He doesn't always land in said spot though. He loves his brother and sister, and he love, love, loves to torment his sister!!! He is going to keep me on my toes and I foresee ER visits in my future with this little live wire!




Daddy, Mommy, Bree, and Saw love you so much Jare!
HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY!!!!



No comments: